This combination of glamour and camping has given rise to a style of upscale accommodation which is often associated with environmental protection, such as Ecotourism or responsible tourism. An unusual way to camp, and soooo chic!
Tent lodges, bubbles, tree houses … offers abound. Here is a list of addresses that are already well-known, and a few new ones.
- In Gironde: The Domaine Ecotelia
- In Les Landes: Lo Rey du Lac in Hossegor
- In the Lot-et-Garonne: Simply Canvas & Permaculture in Saint Jean de Duras with lots of new things to discover
- In the Pyrénées-Atlantiques: Bô Zen Lodge in Biarritz, Nids d’hôtes in Cambo-les-Bains
- Lastly in Dordogne: La Parenthèse Camping Les Ormes , selected in April 2017 as one of the 10 most beautiful sites for a family holiday in France by the British newspaper “The Guardian” and one of the 15 most beautiful campsites in Europe by Yahoo Style!
Languages spoken for the largest glamping sites cited: F/GB/NL