The conference towns of Arcachon, Biarritz, Bordeaux and Pau benefit from numerous comfortable and high performing infrastructures. The technical qualities of these sites combined with the professionalism of the teams therefore guarantees the success of large events that take place there. In June 2014 Agen will open a new conference centre.
10 good reasons to choose to have a conference in Aquitaine for a “touch” that is:
1. pleasant, “overlooking the sea”: Arcachon
2. authentic, in the Basque countryside: Biarritz
3. prestigious in the “international wine capital”: Bordeaux
4. verdant, at the foot of the mountains: Pau
5. coastal, on the highest dune in Europe: Arcachon
6. sporty for juniors with the 1st surfing spot in Europe: Biarritz
7. attractive for seniors with the 1st golf course on the continent: Pau
8. captivating for everyone in the most beautiful urban area listed by UNESCO: Bordeaux
9. gastronomic, that’s Agen, in the land of a thousand flavours!
10. “natural”, at the heart of the biggest cultivated forest in Europe, it’s great in Aquitaine!
IN ARCACHON... «overlooking the sea»+
Facing the Basin, the Palais des Congrès d’Arcachon, a building listed under the “Quality and Sustainable Development Charter”, benefits from an exceptional environment.
• 500 seat auditorium
• 500m2 Salle des Ambassadeurs ideal for receptions and exhibitions
• 450m2 Deganne exhibition space (possible extension to 1 200m2/2 levels)
• 9 sub-committee rooms (30 to 120m2)
In perfect harmony, at almost 300m, Olympia can host conferences and conventions for 1000 participants.
The villas of the winter town and the Moorish park, the beaches of the Basin, Ile aux Oiseaux and the dune of Pilat offer an ideal setting for evenings and activities.
The TGV directly links Paris to Arcachon in 3 and a half hours.
IN BIARRITZ... «where the mountain meets the sea»+
AFAQ AFNOR certified establishment.
Biarritz Tourisme assumes the roles of Tourist Office and Conference Bureau, at once ensuring the management of tourist hospitality, the 3 conference centres and the exhibition hall of the town. Opening onto the Atlantic, situated at the heart of the prestigious coastal resort, between the sea and the mountains, a stone’s throw from Spain, these 3 sites are 5 minutes away on foot from each other and are also near to numerous hotels; the exhibition hall is 5 minutes from the town centre, the international airport of Biarritz, the TGV station and the motorway.
The Gare du Midi is in the heart of the town supporting up to 400 people
• Auditorium Atalaya (1400 seats)
• Auditorium Gamaritz (230 seats)
• Committee room (75m²)
The Casino Municipal of Biarritz, The Municipal Casino opposite the beach, up to 700 people
• Salle des Ambassadeurs (700m²) and terrace 840m²
• Theatre/auditorium (730 seats including 350 in the orchestra)
• 8 committee rooms (from 50 to 235m2)
• Terrace (840m²)
• Winter Garden (184m2) located on the terrace
The Bellevue, in Biarritz. Le Bellevue, overhangs the ocean, conferences 500 people, receptions up to 1,200 people
• Auditorium (477 seats)
• 7 customisable rooms
• La Rotonde (700m²) elongated by the Salle Atlantique (500m²)
The Halle d’Iraty, multipurpose and multi-functional, 8000m2 of customisable rooms, for hosting conferences of over 1,500 participants
• 2 interior spaces (2600m² et 2700m²)
• Five committee rooms
• An outer area (over 3,000m²)
IN BORDEAUX... «the wine-growing capital and world heritage site»+
The Bordeaux Convention Bureau is charged with promoting Bordeaux for organisers of conferences, seminars and incentives. It informs them on the infrastructure and services that Bordeaux makes available for them and helps them from the planning stage to its execution.
33080 Bordeaux Cedex
+33 (0)5 56 52 53 11
+33 (0)5 56 52 53 58
Contact : Hélène FOURQUET
AFAQ AFNOR ISO 9001 certified, Congrès et Expositions de Bordeaux manages 4 sites harmoniously:
The Palais des Congrès:
Ultramodern, a real “hall of light”, located on the edge of the 160 hectares of the lake of Bordeaux, 10 minutes from the town centre, station and airport and very
near to a significant hotel complex.
• 3 amphitheatres (1,300, 350 and 200 seats)
• An exhibition area (3,000m2 divisible)
• A multifunctional area (1000m2)
• 10 conference rooms that can be divided into 2
• Panoramic bar
The Parc des Expositions de Bordeaux-Lac
The 3rd in France, a stone’s throw from the Palais des Congrès enjoys the same environment.
It can welcome large-scale conferences and conventions (as well as fairs and exhibitions).
• hall 1: 840m long bordering the 50,400m lake
• hall 2: 2 areas (12,400m2) + 5 meeting rooms
• Hall 3: Linked to the hall 1 (12,000m2) + 3 meeting rooms
• hall 4: dressed plateau (8,500m2)
• Open areas in the centre (30 000m²) and to the South (5,400m²)
The Hangar 14
Situated on the quay of Bordeaux, ideal for cocktails or gala evenings, has 2 levels:
• Ground floor (3000)
• 1st floor (2,400m2) with terrace (600m2).
Le Mercure Cité Mondiale
Located in the Chartrons quarter, incorporating a hotel with 96 rooms and parking, as well as the conference centre:
• Amphitheatre (300 seats)
• Multi-purpose room (1,300 sq.m)
• 4 customisable sub-committee rooms
• 1 reception room (260 sq.m) with panoramic terrace (300 sq.m) and lounge (80 sq.m)
Congrès et Expositions de Bordeaux can also manage your professional events, depending on their planning, excluding shows,
The Grand Théâtre de Bordeaux is in the heart of the town built in the 18th
• Showroom over 5 levels (800 seats)
• Hall for cocktails (400 people)
• Reception lounges (300 people + 50 people)
• 2 foyers for cocktails (130 people each)
The Auditorium is situated in the town centre and was opened in 2013.
•The Dutilleux room has the biggest pit in Europe (1400 seats)
• Sauguet Room, rented with the other and not on its own, (240 people sitting down or 300 for cocktails)
rue Jean Samazeuilh
BP 55 – 33030 Bordeaux Cedex
+33 (0)5 56 11 99 00
+33 (0)5 56 11 99 99
Contact : Karine SANTA-MARIA
Tél. +33(0)5 56 11 85 22
Fax. +33(0)5 56 11 88 22
Located in one of the 18th century buildings which border the renovated quay on the banks of the Garonne, Bordeaux Palais de la Bourse, right in the centre of town, offers 5 customisable areas.
• The Gabriel area: 1 amphitheatre with 190 seats and 2 reception rooms of 80 and 30m2
• The Garonne area: 4 meetings rooms opposite the Garonne and 3 lounges (260m2)
• The Tourny area: 7 prestigious reception rooms (426m2)
• The Bourse area: 1 multipurpose area of 1500m2 perfect for prestigious receptions
•The 1855 area: 1 meeting room, 3 lounges and 1 modern foyer (285m2)
These different spaces can combine for a single demonstration or allow for several events to go on at the same time completely independently and privately.
33076 Bordeaux Cedex
+33 (0)5 56 79 50 95
+33 (0)5 56 48 62 18
Contact : Florence BLANCPAIN
+33 (0)5 56 79 44 58
Located near the airport of Bordeaux-Mérignac, the Espace Congrès du Pin Galant is completed by the Pavillon du Pin Galant located just next to it.
• 1,390 seats
• 3 conference rooms (40 seats each one)
The Pavillon du Pin Galant: Multi-functional for exhibitions and conferences
• An area (1300m2) made of 6 modules (216m2 each)
IN PAU... «In the foothills of the Pyrenees»+
In south Aquitaine, the Palais Beaumont stands facing the panorama of the Pyrenees within woodlands right in central Pau. The edifice has been awarded the HCCE label, a highly rare distinction for the most beautiful European conference centres. 8,500 sq.m are available for rent as rooms for seminars, conferences, meetings and exhibitions, catering to 5 to 800 guests. The quality requirement paved the way to obtaining the Certification Charte Qualité et Développement Durable France Congrès.
An offer unique in France: the Pau Pays de Béarn Orchestra (OPPB) works with the Palais Beaumont to give your event that very special edge.
• underground parking which can be reserved for your guests
• two restaurants.
IN AGEN... «a gourmet destination »+
Agen Expo Congrès manages the Conference Centre of Agen (open June 2014)
Less than an hour away from Bordeaux and Toulouse, 1 hour 20 minutes from Paris by plane and 4 hours on the TGV, from 2014 the Agen Conference Centre will host conventions, conferences, exhibitions, shows and cultural events with completely new and multifunctional equipment.
With direct access and covering one of the halls (the 2000m2 one) from the Parc Expos, it will offer a perfect partnership of:
• A 567 seat amphitheatre
• An customisable auditorium (from 567 to 1970 seats)
• A multifunctional area of 2000m2
• 7 customisable sub-committee rooms (20/200)
• Hall 2000 linked to the Conference Centre (2000m2)
• Hall 3400 (3400m²)
• Hall 240, 2 levels (2 areas 210m2 and 40m2, 1 room
• 130 people)
• Outside exhibition area (15,000m2)
• Marquee (1800m2)